AMAZONIA By James Rollins


The Yanomami, also spelled Yąnomamö or Yanomama, are a group of approximately 20,000 indigenous people who live in some 200–250 villages in the Amazon rainforest on the border between Venezuela and Brazil.


From the book

" To John Petty and Rick Hourigan friends and co-conspirators 
Special thanks to all those who helped in the research of this novel, especially Leslie Taylor 
of Raintree Nutrition, Inc., for the use of her wonderful plant diagrams in this book and for 
her valuable knowledge of the medicinal applications of rainforest botanicals. I would also 
be remiss not to acknowledge two resources of utmost value: Redmond O'Hanlon's In 
Trouble Again: A Journey Between the Orinoco and the Amazon and the book that inspired 
my own, Dr. Mark Plotkin's Tales of a Shaman's Apprentice. For more specific help, I most 
heartily thank my friends and family who helped shape the manuscript into its present form: 
Chris Crowe, Michael Gallowglas, Lee Garrett, Dennis Grayson, Susan Tunis, Penny Hill, 
Debbie Nelson, Dave Meek, Jane O'Riva, Chris "The Little" Smith, Judy and Steve Prey, and 
Caroline Williams. For help with the French language, my Canadian friend Dianne Daigle; for 
assistance on the Internet, Steve Winter; and for her arduous moral support, Carolyn 
McCray. For the maps used here, I must acknowledge their source: The CIA World Factbook 
2000. Finally, the three folks who remain my best critics and most loyal supporters: my 
editor, Lyssa Keusch; my agent, Russ Galen; and my publicist, Jim Davis. Last and most 
important, I must stress that any and all errors of fact or detail fall squarely on my own 
shoulders. "




AMAZONIA " full book now

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave your opinion