Mockingjay - The Hunger Games 3 By Suzanne Collins


Mockingjay is a 2010 young adult dystopian novel by American author Suzanne Collins. It is the final installment of The Hunger Games trilogy, following 2008's The Hunger Games and 2009's Catching Fire, and continues the story of Katniss Everdeen, who agrees to lead the rebellion against the rulers of the futuristic society of Panem. The series was inspired by the Greek myth of Theseus and the Minotaur and the Roman Gladiator games. Reviewers have noted that it tackles issues such as loyalty, war, poverty, and truth, and love, as well as what is real and what is not.
The novel and audiobook were released on August 24, 2010, while the e-book was released six days earlier, on August 18. Mockingjay sold 450,000 copies in the first week of release, exceeding Scholastic's expectations. It received a generally positive reaction from critics, though more mixed than the first two, with some critics being displeased by the ending.

From the book




"I stare down at my shoes, watching as a fine layer of ash settles on the worn leather. This is where the bed I
shared with my sister, Prim, stood. Over there was the kitchen table. The bricks of the chimney, which collapsed
in a charred heap, provide a point of reference for the rest of the house. How else could I orient myself in this sea
of gray?
Almost nothing remains of District 12. A month ago, the Capitol's firebombs obliterated the poor coal
miners' houses in the Seam, the shops in the town, even the Justice Building. The only area that escaped
incineration was the Victor's Village. I don't know why exactly. Perhaps so anyone forced to come here on
Capitol business would have somewhere decent to stay. The odd reporter. A committee assessing the condition
of the coal mines. A squad of Peacekeepers checking for returning refugees.
But no one is returning except me. And that's only for a brief visit. The authorities in District 13 were against
my coming back. They viewed it as a costly and pointless venture, given that at least a dozen invisible hovercraft
are circling overhead for my protection and there's no intelligence to be gained. I had to see it, though. So much
so that I made it a condition of my cooperating with any of their plans.

Read "Mockingjay" full book now

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave your opinion