BRIDA by Paulo Coelho

BRIDA
Brida is a novel by Brazilian author Paulo Coelho. It is the story of a beautiful young Irish girl and her quest for knowledge. On her journey she meets a wise man who teaches her to overcome fear and a woman who teaches her how to dance to the hidden music of the world. They see in her a gift, but must let her make her own voyage of discovery. As Brida seeks her destiny, she struggles to find a balance between her relationships and her desire to transform herself. The story is neatly woven around the ancient belief of witchcraft and related to the present world in an interesting way.


From the book

 I want to learn about magic,” said the girl. The Magus looked at 
her. Faded jeans, T-shirt, the challenging look adopted by all 
shy people precisely when it’s least needed. “I must be twice her 
age,” he thought. And despite this, he knew that he had met his 
Soul Mate. 
“My name’s Brida,” she went on. “Forgive me for not intro-ducing myself. I’ve waited a long time for this moment and I’m 
more nervous than I thought I would be.” 
“Why do you want to learn about magic?” he asked. 
“So that I can find answers to some of the questions I have 
regarding life, so that I can learn about the occult powers, and, 
possibly, how to travel back into the past and forward into the 
future.” 
It wasn’t the first time someone had come to the forest to ask 
him this. There was a time when he’d been a Teacher who was 
known and respected by the Tradition. He’d taken on several pu-pils and believed that the world would change if he could change 
those around him. But he had made a mistake. And Teachers of 
the Tradition cannot make mistakes. 
“Don’t you think you’re rather young?” 
“I’m twenty-one,” said Brida. “If I wanted to start learning 
ballet, I’d be considered too old.” 



No comments:

Post a Comment

leave your opinion